[Bf-committers] Going to GPLv2+

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 14:20:56 CEST 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 8:21 PM, Sergey I. Sharybin <g.ulairi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We discussed possibility of bundling droid fonts into blender installer
> and release archived yesterday. Problem that droid fonts are under
> Apache2.0 license which is compatible with GPLv3, and not compatible
> with GPLv2. So looks like using this fonts would make final archive
> GPLv3. It's not really so big issue, but all sources should be licensed
> by GPLv2+ license. I've made some quick check and found this list of
> files which i'm not sure are under GPLv2+ compatible license:
>
> - source/blender/blenkernel/intern/CCGSubSurf.c
> - source/blender/blenkernel/intern/sound.c
> - source/blender/editors/uvedit/uvedit_parametrizer.c
> - source/blender/editors/sculpt_paint/paint_utils.c
> - source/gameengine/GamePlayer/xembed/npunix.c
>
> Would be nice to have respond from authors of this files if they're fine
> with GPLv2+ license.
>
> P.S. It was really quick check so probably some more files should be
> verified, i'll make deeper check soon.
>
> --
> With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin

added NAN headers to source/blender/blenkernel/intern/sound.c and
source/blender/editors/sculpt_paint/paint_utils.c since these both go
back to original blender open-sourcing.

This ones for Brecht I think (svn logs back to orange merge)
source/blender/editors/uvedit/uvedit_parametrizer.c

This ones for Daniel Dunbar (aka Zr)
source/blender/blenkernel/intern/CCGSubSurf.c

Re:  source/gameengine/GamePlayer/xembed/npunix.c
This isnt built with blender, but we should probably get the header
fixed anyway... or alternately we could remove
source/gameengine/GamePlayer/xembed dir, its not maintained for ages.

--
- Campbell