[Bf-committers] Cycles MinGW compilation

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:38:41 CEST 2011

Hi everyone, I ve been working on getting cycles compile with MinGW lately.
I've managed to get the compilation part right but I still run into linking
issues: boost and openimageio. I have managed to get boost to compile under
MinGW and got rid of the boost link errors but openimageio still has some
problems. There are a few problems internal to MinGW: the lack of strtok_r
function and localtime_r functions. So far I have made some progress
substituting those with the strtok and localtime variants but since the
former are supposed to be thread safe and the latter are not this does not
look good. In addition, strtok_r is needed by ptex too so it will cause
trouble when merging ptex too. It actually made me switch off ptex in onion
GSOC project during the summer when on MinGW. So I thought I would ask for
opinions on the matter.