[Bf-committers] recast&detour compiling error on ubuntu linux 10.10

Martin Sell m.sell_a at stud.fh-sm.de
Sat Sep 10 00:19:52 CEST 2011

Hi there,
thanks for merging recast&detour branch into trunk.

There is a little problem with compilation on linux:

extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:892: warning:
jump to label 'failure'
extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:864:
warning:   from here
extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:885: error:
crosses initialization of 'rcTimeVal endTime'
extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:892: warning:
jump to label 'failure'
extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:839:
warning:   from here
extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:885: error:
crosses initialization of 'rcTimeVal endTime'
extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:892: warning:
jump to label 'failure'
extern/recastnavigation/Recast/Source/RecastMeshDetail.cpp:813:
warning:   from here

As I tried this some time ago it works well on windows but also failed
on linux with same errors.
There are passages in recast lib that have some gotos jumping over
declarations of variables, that causes these errors.

Maybe there is a switch for GCC to ignore these erros (or turn them to
warnings)? otherwise a rearrangement of declarations worked well for me.

greetings,
moerdn