[Bf-committers] Open Invention Network

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 13:44:42 CEST 2011

"The neutrality of this post is disputed" and I agree. It has a clear
marketing style. The language is tailored espacially for linux people
and that makes me very suspicious. From a cursory glance I can't
exactly make out what these guys want to do. "Acquiring patents"
sounds strange to me plus the fact that there are a lot of industries
inside makes me think what their motives would be. In the discussion
page there are some claims that the organization has failed to do what
it was supposed to do on occasion...What does an organization
"aqcuiring patents" comprised of big industries want anyway(or what
can they do with the patents in the future)? The point is, these
people are not against patents, rather they are an agreed upon
workaround for that. I am going to check their homepage too.