[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting minutes, 23 October 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 23 17:26:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's developer meeting:

1) Blender 2.60a update

Some errors in 2.60 release are worth to immediately update. Campbell
kept a dozen of crucial fixes separately, which will be applied on the
2.60 release source itself (so we don't release current svn trunk).

Quick list of fixes (cleanup needed):
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/changelog_260a

The "2.60a ahoy" is expected to happen today or monday latest.
Campbell will provide the instructions.

2) 2.61 targets & plans

- Bastien Montagne: reminder, we need to add a link for bf-
translations into bf-blender svn.

- Ton will update this page to reflect current state:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Ocean Sim patch: Lukas Toenne reports there's a new patch in the
tracker that compiles and works fine, with some minor render issues
though. After the Blender Conference he'll check on the new
depenendency with fftw, whether or not it should be compile option.

- DynaPaint branch: Sergey/Brecht are still reviewing it.

- Planning for as now:

   October 30: confirm the list of targets for 2.61 (via mailing list)
   November 15: last day to get the branch in trunk entirely, or it
moves to 2.62.

- Cycles/Tracking branches: most merge work will happen after the
Blender Conference.

3) other stuff

- Next week: we skip the IRC meeting, too many people then are at the
Blender Conference.

Thanks,

-Ton-