[Bf-committers] Are "UV Texture Layer" and "UV Layer" synonyms for "UV Map" ?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Nov 14 04:07:38 CET 2011

The layer is called UV Texture Layer because it contains both UV
coordinates and an image texture for each face (and some other texture
face properties before the changes in 2.60). Modifiers and other
places that use these usually have properties called UV Layer, because
they only use the UV coordinates part.

So there is a reason for the naming, though it may not be that clear
and not always applied consistently...

Brecht.