[Bf-committers] Node system for game logic

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Thu May 26 19:00:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Sjoerd de Vries <sjdv1982 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1) any plans to license it in a non-viral license (e.g. BSD)?
>
> In principle, yes. BSD is too promiscuous for my taste, but something
> like the LGPL would be an option.

The reason for the question is that moving to GameKit, which is BSD
licensed is a longer term possibility.

The plan that the GE dev team decided on was to BSD or dual BSD/GPL
license all future code to make such a transition possible.

The benefits of this are that GameKit is extremely cross platform -
and can be ported and distributed to platforms that GPLed/LGPLed code
cannot be used

Ie iOS, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Nintendo DS, distributed via Apples App
store, as well as Android and supporting our existing platforms
(Linux, Windows, OS X).

LetterRip