[Bf-committers] openmp

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Tue May 17 20:23:45 CEST 2011

Hi Rafael,

please be aware that there is a project that makes the whole compositor
multi-processor (and multi-device) aware. Any development with the
purpose to submit it back to trunk would not be worth the investment.
The compositor project is located on
http://ocl.atmind.nl/doku.php?id=design:proposal:compositor-redesign
Here you can find details about what the ideas are. If you want to learn
more about the project, you can contact me.

I have did some tests with openmp on the old compositor, but the
speed-gain was limitted due to system behaviour.

Greetings,
Jeroen