[Bf-committers] Small issue python 3.1-->3.2 upgrade

Lorenzo oni.lore at tiscali.it
Sat Mar 12 20:35:13 CET 2011

I upgraded from python 3.1 to 3.2 using this link:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Troubleshooting

After compiling blender (without errors), it failed to run because of
the "Py_Initialize: Unable to get the locale encoding" error.

Apparently I didn't use the install target for blender and it was still
using the old python.

Indeed "make install" in blender replaced the old python. But the issue
was tricky to solve.

Maybe we should add a line in the wiki: "after updating CMakeCache.txt,
run make install" in the cmake section.