[Bf-committers] Particle surfacing question

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Tue Mar 8 22:45:09 CET 2011

Hi all :)

I have once again teamed with Stephen to finish the implementation of the
particle polygonizer,we have fused his modifier approach with my slighly
faster polygonizer ... but since I have lost my Realflow demo version I
can't have speed reference comparison.

We don't use (and I would prefer to avoid) hybrid box boundary
polygonizers, I stick to the domain free polygonizer (that certainly have
performance penalties at the cost of flexibility) but I would like to know
what are the performance expectations.

Currently is no threaded, and though some memory allocations can be
improved I don't foresee any major speed gain with the current desing and
I consider it slow ... it seems to decrease in some factor around O(n2)
because for 1000 particles it slows down a lot ... I would need to
research around a bit more and some help would be very wellcome, please
point me domain free polygonizers out there and their speed.

Cheers
Farsthary