[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, 6 March 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 6 17:35:05 CET 2011

1) Blender 2.5 project

- Thomas Dinges cleaned up nearly all UI scripts (code wise) and
removed lot of not needed split functions (old craft from narrow_ui
feature)

- Ton does a tracker poke: we're going to 100 again, a lot of old
reports are still open. If you don't have time for it, unassign self
with a message. If issue is unresolvable within predictable time, move
it away to the todo.

- startup.blend needs update with defaults. Ton maintains a list, will
handle it. (for example thumbnails, outliner search default, 3d view
clip, some new addons)

- Target 2.57 release end of March, around 30th? Wil come back next
meeting

- Proposal accepted to appoint as 2.57 Splash committee: Sergey,
Thomas and Lukas Toenne
   Thomas will post in blenderartists forums.

- Ton still has the cleanup of wiki todo-list and 2.5 targets on his
list. This week!

2) Other projects

- Nicholas Bishop is having fun with generating mesh data based on
volumes/bones:
   http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=9645

- Tom Musgrave submitted to Google Summer of Code. March 18th we know
if we're in. March 28 students can apply. We should start working on
the list of ideas soon.

- Joe Eagar is back on bmesh coding and reports he makes lots of
progress. A short update is here:
http://bmeshblender.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/status-update-7/

-Ton-