[Bf-committers] Visibility of attribution

Alex Fraser adfries at vpac.org
Tue Jun 21 06:05:48 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Stephen Swaney" <sswaney at centurytel.net>
> I do not remember the exact circumstances, but we had a situation
> before where some corporation wanted an attribution notice put in the
> UI before they would contribute code. The answer was no.

Do you remember what the objection was? Note that we aren't asking to be attributed more prominently than other contributors; just on the same page. Nor are we asking for a logo to be displayed on the web site. I think attribution in a place that users can see is a fair trade for code contribution. Attribution in the release notes is good (thanks Tom, I didn't know about that page), but that means you become invisible in the next release.