[Bf-committers] Makefile support

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 22:31:17 CET 2011

to summarize reasons to kick nan-makefiles.

- people downloading the source will see a makefile and type "make"
thinking they will get a build. (Make on linux is currently broken for
me, apparently its broken on mac too).
- threaded builds error out, make -j6 quits almost instantly (lots of
people have multi-cpus these days).
- its slow
- no active developers use it (afaik)
- it blocks cmake's in source builds.
- its Unix only, where CMake & SCons are cross platform.

For those who find the cmake's makefiles too verbose.
./build_files/cmake/example_scripts/make_quiet.sh

For those who used 'make quicky'
./build_files/cmake/example_scripts/make_quicky.py

- Campbell