[Bf-committers] Blender 2.?? FreeBSD official port

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:47:07 CET 2011

Sorry if this is more a question for BF itself more than the dev list. :)

Now that Blender has pretty much stabilized and it's likely that a full
release is coming relatively soon, I'd like to make an updated "port" for
the FreeBSD ports tree. Currently "# /usr/ports/graphics/blender/make
install" will make 2.49.

My proposal would be to have the port be located as
/usr/ports/graphics/blender25

This would solve a lot of issues with myself building with a different
version of a library than what another user might have, as the ports system
would allow for automatic fetching and installation of dependencies.

The source tarball needs a MASTER_SITE to be hosted on. Is this something
that BF would want on their servers or is it ok/better for me to host it
myself???

Cheers
Peter