[Bf-committers] A resources help for paper (Farsthary)

Vincent Nivoliers vincent.nivoliers at loria.fr
Thu Jan 6 10:20:21 CET 2011

Hi Raul,
  I bet we are on the same deadline. I don't know many things about sculpting, but I believe you should probably mention automatic quadrangulation methods if you are subdividing using Catmull Clark, since the straightforward approach to me would be to deal with triangle meshes and then quadrangulate the result. Last year the cutting edge was Mixed integer quadrangulations, Quadcover is older but still in use, and last year at siggraph there were two papers, one called something like "Wave based quadrangulations" and the other one called "Lp Centroidal Voronoi Tesselations" (also dealing with volumic meshing). About sculpting I remember some work about "virtual clay" modeling and "swirling sweepers" about volume preservation, but it's a bit old, and might be obsolete. Typing this on scholar provides some results maybe checkout this, the page mentions papers citing it which might be more in the mood: http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=364338.364395. It's too bad citeseer is currently down. If you are dealing with multiresolution meshes, this should also be part of the related work, I'm not aware of this field to provide up to date references, sorry.
  I hope this tiny bit will help you, good luck !
regards,
Vincent