[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34720] trunk/blender: Texture context selector for texture panel:

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Tue Feb 8 22:08:33 CET 2011

Am 08.02.2011 21:22, schrieb Janne Karhu:
> Carsten: The placement of the actual context menu is still under debate. I
> originally had the menu in the old location of the "brush" button, but

> I also think both behaviors (context by selecting "parent" first vs.
> explicit selection via the new selector) are useful, so this could perhaps
> become a user preference.

I apreciate your effort and works very much, but please keep in mind
that we are in a late beta phase please don't change much now, the
autors of already written or "just before relase" books will be very
thankfull.

Development is a key to blenders success but also to have good
documentation which a (professinal) user can rely on. In this context is
is I think more acceptable to have a "not optimally" working but
documented solution rather than a well working which is no where
described or even worse which is not working like described. I.e. I
wrote at several places: "switch directly from the world context to the
texture context, add a texture..." which will now NOT work anymore, but
add a material texture.

Hope you get my point.

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/