[Bf-committers] Question about bone allocation (Chicken or the egg)

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Feb 1 18:47:40 CET 2011

Hi,

This patch and the other one you posted contain many formatting
changes, please keep those out of patches, it's hard to see what you
changed.

Regarding this fix, it would be better to store original
roll/head/tail + loc/rot/scale on entering edit mode in the EditBone,
and then use that when you convert back from EditBone to Bone, if the
roll/head/tail didn't change (maybe need to check for parent changes
too). That keeps it nice localized. Better not store duplicate state
in files, not because of memory usage, but because it's better to keep
such hacks in runtime code.

Brecht.