[Bf-committers] Bundling CUDA Kernels on all plattforms

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Dec 12 23:45:38 CET 2011

Hi,

The reason to not support 1.2 and lower is mostly so that we don't
have to drop support for them again in one of the next releases when
we add more features. I don't want to add support for an architecture
that we might not be able to support anymore in the next release.

Regarding bundling CUDA kernels, I'll ask Sergey to do it for Linux
builds. For Mac there's not much point I think, as far as I know
they're not selling computers with NVidia cards that have shader model
1.3 or newer, all the high end computers have ATI.

Brecht.