[Bf-committers] Blender developer irc meeting, 14 august 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 14 18:23:34 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Here's a short summary of what was discussed on today's meeting:

1) 2.59 release, plans for 2.60

- Note: tracker up to 206 open reports! No real showstopper reports in
though.

- Release cycle proposal still needs a formal approval. Ton will help
finishing proposal.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/ReleaseCycle-Proposal

- Long discussion on how to manage a 'freeze' after release. Some like
to have crucial fixes ported over to the the release-branch, some
prefer a period (week) of commit-only-fixes. Debate can continue over
the week.

- Agreed is that the short freeze period around release should also
get a formal "unfreeze" notification on this list.

- Branches mentioned that could get included for next release:
   - Joshua Leung's work on animation system
   - Benjamin Cook's work on motion capture input
   - Joerg Mueller's audio/speaker work
Will get further reviewed or decided next week.

2) Other projects

- Note: buildbot now does Win x64 builds too.

- BMesh progress; Campbell is ready to work on it, will work on a
planning for it. We have to define when it's ready for trunk (i.e. how
much can temporarily not work yet).

3) Google Summer of Code

- "Pencils down" soon, we'll update students with requirements as soon
Google tells more details

Thanks,

-Ton-