[Bf-committers] Blender developer IRC meeting minutes, April 10 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 10 17:53:44 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Here's notes of the last IRC meeting.

1) 2.57 release

- Peter Schlaile will be available after release to work further on
Sequencer issues, especially to solve seeking and proxies.

- There's now code in svn that should prevent Intel graphics cards to
crash on opening 2nd windows (like User Preferences). Please report if
this can be confirmed.

- Proposal: call for "Release Ahoy" this tuesday! Today and monday is
last chance to get your fix in svn. We'll be frozen also 1-2 days
after release to check on disasters.

- We need a lot of updating on our docs and release logs:

   - Thomas Dinges and Daniel Salazar will refresh screenshots and
text for blender.org feature page
   - Tom Musgrove helps with release log, makes credits page, checks
commit logs
   - Ton will work on release log as well, and coordinate smaller stuff
     (readmes, splash, etc)
   - Campbell will make a Python wiki update, and a page describing
where install/script files are

- Campbell puts in splash a button to copy 2.56 settings over to new
2.57 install folder

2) Other projects

- Jeroen Bakker reports that his compositor work goes fine. Some
issues with Blender's imaging and windowmanager he'll discuss with Ton.

- Tom poked Raul for 'unlimited clay' patch, should be available in a
week

- Pete Larabell volunteered to check on "auto retopo", and a nice new
polygon triangulator.

3) Google Summer of Code

- We had 39 submissions in, which is over 10 more than last year. The
amount of slots Google will assign to us is unknown still.

- Mentors: start reviewing proposals, or make yourself known as mentor!
   http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/blender

- When the project runs, we'll ask students to to code.blender.org
blog posting, and strict weekly reports on the mailing list. Everyone
can already subscribe to the student progress/discussion list:

Thanks!

-Ton-