[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [32047] trunk/blender/source/blender/ blenkernel/intern/unit.c: patch [#23796] Full support for unit buttons: area, volume, mass, velocity and acceleration

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Thu Sep 23 09:51:17 CEST 2010

Am 22.09.2010 15:18, schrieb Lorenzo:
> On 22/09/2010 12:29, Carsten Wartmann wrote:
>> Am 22.09.2010 04:36, schrieb Campbell Barton:
>> I wish that I could also enter "2cm/s" or "30°/s" into the BGE Logic
>> Bricks. Of course the Fps setting in the World needs to be taken into
>> account for this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Carsten
>
> For speeds and accelerations I've implemented only a small subset of units:

I thought that if the system knows 1m=100cm it would be smart enough to
convert/parse it in parts?

However, where can I enter a speed in Blenders GUI?

But my main concern is that you cant use units in the Game Engine Logic
Bricks at all!

Also in the Motion LogicBrick it makes no sense to enter a speed at the
moment, because now we have there a distance which the object travels in
one Frame (means 1/FPS seconds) which is already a speed. However for a
beginner it would be much easier to enter a speed directly, and have the
motion actuator convert it to a distance per frame.

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/