[Bf-committers] text Hinting patch

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Fri Oct 29 02:02:29 CEST 2010

Hi,
cw at blenderbuch.de (2010-10-28 at 1205.04 +0200):
> Typographically maybe not so nice but I personally don't care, I tend to
> get a headache from these hinted and antialiased fonts, first thing I
> switch off on new Systems.

Do you mean that you like fonts like in the image? It is still hinted
but without antialias. I ask because people seem to mix all the terms
and not realize that sometimes they are orthogonal, plus some just
never see differences caused by rendering options and others do (even
to the point of getting headaches, like you, in some combinations).

http://www.infernal-iceberg.com/blender/gui/blender-sharp-fonts-crop.png

If so, I can commit the code that does this, only thing missing is
making it user controlable without recompile (change "int sharp = 0;"
to something that picks the value from somewhere else).

GSR