[Bf-committers] Sequencer movie strips frame rate - bug or missing feature?

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 23:05:40 CEST 2010

well its not a bug in the software; VSE renders out frames at the frame rate
specified.

The disconnect is in the notion of using frames as a unit of measure
when the strip is read in. If a clip contains 100 non-interlaced frames,
a 100 frames are read into the strip if you specify non-interlaced. The VSE does
not care
if the framerate of that clip was 24 or 30 or 60 or whatever.

If you want to change the framerate of a strip to get it to whatever relative
output frame rate,
use the Speed control. If you want to render out 24 fps using a 30 fps clip
input,

and have the ball bounce like it should (or sync with spoken audio) etc,
use a speed control of 30./24. on that strip.

I think what you are asking for is a feature whereby a strip holds its frame
rate,

or maybe an auto-generated speed effect strip is created if the frame rates
mismatch,
and when asked for an image at a particular time, constructs and returns the
most appropriate frame, which is really what the speed effect does anyway.

 --Roger

Check out my website at www.rogerwickes.com for a good deal on my book and
training course, as well as information about my latest activities. Use coupon
Papasmurf for $15 off!