[Bf-committers] Where to store physics related data

Gergely Klár shinjin at creativereboot.hu
Wed Nov 24 17:38:54 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm working on an improved softbody modifier from scratch.
What is the best place to store modifier related data, like mass, velocity,
additional geometry used only for the simulation, etc.?

I have looked at the code of both the current softbody and the cloth
modifier, and they seem to this in two different ways.
Cloth stores its data in a ClothModifierData struct, just I would do
by instinct.
On the other hand softbody adds a SoftBody pointer to the Object struct.

Is one approach better than the other? If it is, which and why?

Thanks,
Greg