[Bf-committers] Question on Rna PROP_POINTER and user counting

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed May 26 06:01:19 CEST 2010

Hello there,
quick question: Is there a way to have a PROP_POINTER property that
doesn't increase the id user count when "selected"?

Explanation:
Some times (e.g. BGE Logic TouchSensor) we want to point to a
datablock but don't want to affect its user counting (i.e. stop this
block from being deleted).

In 2.49 (maybe by design or by bug) we are not increasing user
counting for those in readfile.c (there we are using newlibadr instead
of newlibadr_us). This will give you different usercounting for a
datablock after you re-open it, what is strange. So I was wondering if
is there a way (or it's an acceptable design) to have a Rna Prop
linking to a datablock but without changing it id counting.

Regards,
Dalai