[Bf-committers] char* or char[MAX_FILE] in DNA?

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Wed May 12 01:36:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Mitchell Stokes <mogurijin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should I continue to use the char* or should I use char[MAX_FILE]? (I have
> both working)
> If I use char[MAX_FILE],
Just beware that you shouldn't actually define it like that in the
DNA_*_types.h files, since makesdna doesn't understand preprocessor
statements like that, and actually ends up balking when you give it a
file like that.

BKE_defineutils.h isn't currently included in any
> DNA files, but DNA_space_types defines MAX_FILE again. Is it okay to include
> BKE_utildefines.h in DNA_material_types.h?
This was probably done to avoid having (nasty) circular dependencies
between modules. Preferably, we should get around without these, so I
don't think this is such a great idea...

Regards,
Joshua