[Bf-committers] Modal Zoom issue

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Sun May 2 17:08:19 CEST 2010

> I think the best solution in this case is to introduce a special event type called "Invoke Event", usable only in modal keymaps. Invoke Event would be the event type that resulted in the operator's invocation (it would be stored in the Operator instance.
>
> With this, modal keymaps would directly adjust themselves when operators are remapped or if they are mapped to different events at the same time.

That sounds great!

I spent friday night getting the key maps working the way I want (basically mimicking 2.49 for the most part, but with emulate 3 buttons on).  I had to hack apart the keymaps and add all kinds of confirm events to key and click releases to get it working.  I also had to remove the "switch to rotate / switch to zoom" events (which I believe are a major part of the problems I was experiencing).  Sculpt is still broken, but intermittently so; I need more time to sort that out.  I think the reason this hits me most is because I use emulate 3 button.

This Invoke event-- could you talk about it a bit more?  I envisioned having three key mappings at the top of the list that could be mapped to a combination of mouse and keyboard buttons.  Then, when building keymaps you can choose this special class instead of mouse / keyboard for input.  This way, turning on Emulate 3 Button won't require immediate change on the rest of the keymaps-- they'd share the same trigger.  Also, changing the combination for Pan would change that combination in 2D image viewports as well.

The other idea I had was that the viewport manipulation operators triggerings could be checked as "toggle"-- on press it fires and on release it stops, similar to how the grease pencil only works if you hold down the D key to draw.

~ C