[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [27269] trunk/blender/source/blender/ makesrna/intern/rna_space.c: Patch #21459: Expose viewmat (in Region3DView) via the py API

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 10:12:28 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brecht did view based re-projection for BigBuckBunny with the gimp but
> we didn't end up using it, IIRC it wasn't a high quality method.

Hmm I would think that would be quite easy to solve for brecht :) -
just up sample based on uv coordinate per pixel.  It will still have a
problem of stretching when you are at an extreme angle to the face,
but that is also quite solvable by generating an image mask based on
face normal angle to the viewing angle (another solution to it, which
is mentioned in the digital humans book that talks about a texture
projection shader is to project back on to the mesh from multiple
views and based on how flat the face is to the texture being projected
it determines how much of the texture to take from that view).

LetterRip