[Bf-committers] We are idiots

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Wed Jun 9 23:22:16 CEST 2010

Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com kirjoitti:
> The fact is that we are idiots, anyway, if any of you lesser idiots have a
> solution do post please :D in this case I only need to read pixel colors,
> very simple

from an image file in some format?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/138250/read-the-rgb-value-of-a-given-pixel-in-python-programaticly

that seems to point to a small pure py png lib which is nowadays at
http://code.google.com/p/pypng/ .. dunno if works with 3k, perhaps
converts with 2to3 easily as is pure py?

also mentions pygame which supports quite many formats and also works
together with numpy if you need efficient processing (does give slower
pixel access without needing numpy at all). pygame seems to run with 3.1
nowadays, http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml . i've found pygame nice
enough for simple image stuff, then have used PIL together with it for
more complex things.

of course Blender Image RNA can perhaps give an array or something, I
have no idea about that :o

> Daniel Salazar

~Toni