[Bf-committers] how to world coordinates of objects

Changhua Wu cwu at kettering.edu
Fri Jun 4 20:49:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am writing a ray scanner for simulation.  As we know, objects in
blender usually go through a series of transformations, such as scaling,
transformation, translation. Some objects even transform according to
other objects such as object in parent-child relation.

Currently, I am using the "Apply scale/rotation to OBData" or "Apply
visual transform" to get the global coordinates. But I am really quite
suspicious that this is the right way.

Can anyone give me some instruction? Thanks.

Changhua