[Bf-committers] Unlimited Clay modifier question

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Sat Jul 31 19:44:16 CEST 2010

Hi :)

  Is there any function to convert/create an EditMesh from a DerivedMesh
and vice versa?

  Since Modifiers are like black boxes I need to have two functions like

  static EditMesh *DerivedMesh_to_EditMesh(struct DerivedMesh *dm);
  static DerivedMesh *EditMesh_to_DerivedMesh(struct editMesh *em);

  I'm sure there should be similar functions already implemented in
Blender but with other names, I just can't find them...

  In case they don't exist could you give me some tips on how to create them?

   Modifiers in Edit mode do have aviable the EditMesh struct but in the
rest of the modes do not, so in order to treat Unlimited Clay in a
general way I need to perform the conversion inside the modifier's code
in a transparent way for the rest of the system.

    Since now I'm on vacations I only have few hours online a week so if
someone could answer me soon I could start on it today, otherwise I
will have to wait until I get connected for next week

                            Thanks in advance and all the best
                                          Farsthary