[Bf-committers] Proposal about headers menu shortcuts

Leif Andersen leif.a.andersen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:54:15 CEST 2010

I agree with most of the stuff listed here, although:

> One has to:
> - look at the 2.49 toolptip of that menu, and hope it isn't changed, OR
> - lookup in the super slow keymap editor and go crazy if he doesn't find
> the exact name soon
> - ask friends/forums/IRC -> stupid, and time sink for a sigle command
> - a newcomer might not know about 2.4, or keymap editor
> - even if he finds out, it is difficult to find again, hence to fix in
> mind.

There's actually one other way.  Hit space, and start trying to type in the
name of the operator, and it will do a search for you, giving you the key
sequence to hit for that operator.  Although I do admit that that also has
many problems:

1.  You need to know the name of the operator (which isn't always clear).
2.  You can't change the key bindings for the operator.

~Leif Andersen

Searching a DAG: http://xkcd.com/761/