[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5x beta status
ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 21:23:58 CEST 2010
applied basic changes like 'selected' -> 'select' that are most likely
to break scripts, updated addons and our own scripts.
(Make that Sintel showing on Sunday).
Good we get to do this with a bit more time, not nice to do this work
in crunch time :)
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> I'd go for option three (release within a week), and do another update
> end of august or early september. We will get a myriad of reports to
> handle anyway!
> This version won't be advertised as final or stable.
> Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
> Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
> On 15 Jul, 2010, at 14:26, Campbell Barton wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Dan Eicher <dan at trollwerks.org>
>>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:36 AM, W. Scott Meador
>>> <ws_meador at yahoo.com>wrote:
>>>> Different topic - would love to see Blender package its libraries
>>>> on Linux
>>>> way it does for OSX.
>>> Anything but that, just link them statically.
>> Before release Id really like to apply RNA edits.
>> At the moment I think Brecht and myself really need to finish this off
>> but we're also fairly busy.
>> Changing these will break scripts of course but animations too (if
>> these rna values happen to be animated).
>> Currently these are WIP.
>> Even if we finish off this list we need to apply the changes and I
>> have to write a script to apply fixes to existing files.
>> So I think its important to do this before the beta, however we have a
>> lot to do before Sintel Showing on Monday, (July, 18th), and I return
>> home on the 20th so will need a day or so to recover :).
>> Here are some ways we could deal with this...
>> 1) Try really hard to finish and apply the changes before siggraph
>> (not sure we can manage this)
>> 2) Delay Beta 2 weeks (early August?)
>> 3) Release Beta but without these changes, include disclaimer that
>> animations will need manual updating and release a second beta in 2-4
>> IMHO this is the most reasonable things to do, since this also gives
>> us some time to fix some of the most obvious bugs that are normally
>> after an update which includes many changes.
>> 4) Release Alpha 3 (Ton disagrees but including for completeness,
>> practically similar 3.)
>> 5) Don't make any changes, postpone for 2.6??? (including for
>> completeness, highly stupid IMHO)
>> Would suggest try 1) fallback to 2/3
>> Bf-committers mailing list
>> Bf-committers at blender.org
> Bf-committers mailing list
> Bf-committers at blender.org
More information about the Bf-committers