[Bf-committers] New gettext and fftw3 libraries for MinGW compilation

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Sat Jan 30 22:22:49 CET 2010

Am 30.01.2010 17:20, schrieb Sergey I. Sharybin:
> Ok, I've checked compilation on my virtual windows machine and made some
> fixes to the patch.

I tested a bit more with MinGW but with gcc 4.4.0 I wasn't able to
compile a runnable system. The official packages using gcc 4.4.0 are
crashing while compiling with a known bug in gcc.

Binaries from http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/ with gcc 4.4.1 compile
fine but crash at startup when including ffmpeg.

Old gcc 3.4.5 compiles as long as I exclude ffmpeg. And of course they
don't support OpenMP.

It all looks for me as it could be ffmpeg beeing the source of the problems?

So all in all a not so nice situation when it comes to compiling Blender
on Windows with free software.

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/