[Bf-committers] Particles surface core is done :) !!!!

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Sat Jan 30 21:24:32 CET 2010

Hi everyone :)

 After a sleepless nigth I have finally fully implemented the particle
surface generator core :)
  Many improvements and optimizations are remaining but the hard part is
done , the fun starts now :)

 though is still heavily unoptimized it still performs at the same level
of instanced metaballs.

   many things remain like the complete OpenGL visualization set using the
VBO and stuffs like that that I need to research (currently is still
using OpenGl inmediate mode for drawing) and implementing color
blending among particles for the polygon mesh.

  Also i would like to implement a caching system like Elbeem (could be
resued here?) for baking the simulation without need to recalculate the
implicit surfaces like the current Metaball implementations do.

   probably I will need help on this

 I have updated my site:

  http://farsthary.wordpress.com

             hope you like this feature

PS: i have tested it with boids also and works ok ;)