[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5 Python API Introduction.

Lars Krueger lars_e_krueger at gmx.de
Sun Jan 24 13:09:45 CET 2010

Good tutorial, my comments:
- integrate links from the explanation to the relevant documentation of the C documentation and/or API overview (and back maybe?). This will help new developers to experiment interactively with concepts by e.g. manipulating a mesh.
- There is a break in the "flow" of the tutorial after the example, where it goes from a "how to do" style to a more "how blender does it" style, most evident in the "Script initialisation" section. The section might fit better in the overview.
- Renaming section "context" to e.g. "User selection (Context)" might help new users find/understand it faster, as "context" could mean anything if you're not so familiar with the API.

Completely unrelated to the tutorial: Is the name "context" a good choice (see comment above)? How much would break, if it was renamed to e.g. "selection"?

--
Dr. Lars Krueger

Haiti-Nothilfe! Helfen Sie per SMS: Sende UIHAITI an die Nummer 81190.
Von 5 Euro je SMS (zzgl. SMS-Gebühr) gehen 4,83 Euro an UNICEF.