[Bf-committers] Surface from particles (Farsthary)

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Thu Jan 21 20:24:35 CET 2010

Hi all :)

 I have started to implement the surface generator from the particles,
currently I'm on early stages and I get pretty crude and slow results,
but is working :) There's a lot of things that I need to investigate also
so will be very wellcome papers and resources.(for example fast surfacing
methods, etc.) since for particle methods there's no much public aviable
information (at last for me).

  I also need to learn more OpenGL and how it works with Blender methods,
for example:
  what is the best/fastest way to display an array of triangles?

  I think Blender uses displist? but how does they works?

  what I'm doing rigth now is iterating over the triangle list and draw
each one...

This is a valuable skill when I tackle Voxel Sculpting again since that
part will be central to the voxel scuplting method.

                As soon as I get better results I will post them :)

                                     Cheers   Raul