[Bf-committers] Python error on blender2.5 debug build start

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Tue Jan 19 12:50:43 CET 2010

2010/1/18 Steven Truppe <admin at byteshelter.org>:
> I've copied the "win32-vc" folder to my folder where i place all my blender
> builds into and have renamed the folder to something like
> "win32-vc-release-simpleconfig". I currently try a fresh checkout and follow
> the instructions from
> http://www.letworyinteractive.com/b/2009/11/building-blender-2-5-on-windows-7-with-msvc-and-scons/
> in case i forgot a step by mistake.

Still, be aware of the fact that there are two different directories
that have to do with the build process: BF_BUILDDIR, which by default
points to ../build/<platformname>. This directory does NOT contain a
full, working install of Blender, it's an intermediate directory, and
BF_INSTALLDIR, which by default points to ../install/<platformname>.
This directory is where you should run Blender from. It contains
everything you need.

>From your older messages I see that you are running blender from a
directory with the name 'build' in it, suggesting that you're running
blender from the BF_BUILDDIR

/Nathan