[Bf-committers] 2.5.1 release

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Jan 13 10:00:47 CET 2010

Hi all,

It's been a while since the 2.5 alpha 0 release, and it's time to
start looking at the next (2.5.1? 2.51? alpha 1? beta 1? whatever it
is..). The target is 'ready for documentation' and we're getting
closer to reaching that point for many of the new 2.5 features ,
though we'll see what Ton has been able to accomplish on his break
too. Ideally we'd like to release in about a month's time (early Feb).

There are a few rough targets for 2.5.1 here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/Roadmap.

One thing that I haven't gotten around to myself yet but that other
people can help with, is checking operators for correct usage of
reports (i.e. no more printfs for errors or any other communication).

There are still a few todo items left here (
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/Todo ) and it
would be good to fix up as many remaining ones as possible in the
short term too.

Another concern is the number of bugs in the tracker, ideally we can
get this down to 1 or 2 pages for release time. Any help on the bug
tracker, either fixing, or just testing and confirming, would be very
helpful and most appreciated!

cheers,

Matt