[Bf-committers] New Developer Meeting minutes

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 12 00:08:23 CET 2010

Erwin Coumans wrote:
> Have you seriously tried to find a solution?
>
> I'm surprised of so much resistance among the Blender developers
> to such a nice build system as cmake.

Agreed. There seems to be quite a few posts *looking for* problems with
CMake... I have not found any problems with CMake (provided I've set the
right options) and the capability of having a standard "make" along with
XCode & MSVC projects (I compile on all three platforms, though only use
Blender on Win/Mac) kind of tilts things in CMake's favour.

That is not to say Scons is bad, I find it pretty good too - just not as
easy to use with an IDE. I just don't understand the animosity there
appears to be for CMake.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt