[Bf-committers] New Developer Meeting minutes

José Ignacio jose.cyborg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:41:41 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Erwin Coumans <erwin.coumans at gmail.com> wrote:
> The is no problem using GLOB with a wildcard, as I mentioned at least
> times in this thread ;)
>
> But explicitly listing each file seems recommended, I forgot why.
> Perhaps GLOB needs to search for (potential) new headerfiles, every
> time you build and a .cpp changed (slowing down things unnecesarily)?
>
> Perhaps reading the docs, using google or asking on the cmake
> mailingslist will tell why GLOB can better be avoided in CMakeLists.txt?

IIRC, if you use globbing and added a new file after you build for the
first time, it won't take it into account for the next call of "make"
unless you touch the CMakeLists.txt file or clear the cache and
rebuild. (though maybe that behavior changed on newer versions of
cmake)

oh, a google search gave me this link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1027247/best-way-to-specify-sourcefiles-in-cmake