[Bf-committers] Old patches in tracker deleted?

Keir Mierle mierle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 17:57:19 CET 2010

Ages ago I made a patch that would let you render OpenEXR files where each
pixel was the x,y,z world coordinate the part of the scene that that ray
hits. It was at

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=7426&group_id=9&atid=127

At the time Ton was unconvinced that my approach was good, or that anyone
would want such a thing. I needed it (and still need it) for doing
matchmoving evaluation, but I haven't touched it in ages. Apparently I'm not
the only person who's interested in this:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1544547

However, the patch at the URL above is gone. I have long since lost the
computer that had that patch, expecting that it would live on in the
tracker. Is it still around somewhere?

In other news: I humbly suggest considering switching to something like
Google Code's issue tracker which has features like search and is used by
large projects like Chrome.

Keir