[Bf-committers] Proposal: Using optical flow to smooth Speed Control for VSE

Ruan Beihong ruanbeihong at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 07:32:22 CET 2010

Hi there,
Is there any way of doing it? I've heard that the optical flow do
wonders when interpolating frames between known frames. The current
way of smooth gaps of frames is averaging the first and the second
frames which is a method used in Cross effect.

If I'm going to implement it (which I don't have much confidence since
I know little about calculs), could it be possible to copy some code
from OpenCV and integrate it to blender, or using OpenCV directly as
an extern dependency, or just code it from scratch?

Thanks.

--
James Ruan