[Bf-committers] New Developer Meeting minutes

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Thu Jan 7 19:55:14 CET 2010

Campbell Barton schrieb:
> Not sure what dependency updates are exactly - if files are added you
> need to run "cmake ." in the build dir but aside from that I never had
> any dep propblems.
>
> I'm tempted to install Windows just to get rid of the MSVC Project
> files and have CMake create propper debug builds... it cant be that
> hard can it?

The issues with CMAKE that I know of are:

1. wrong libraries are linked for OpenCollada, this still crashes the
debug build every time right before blender even starts. The same issue
existed with the Python libs, which was somehow solved.
2. the include path for quicktime_export.h is wrong in the generated
projectfiles. I tried to fix this but after experimenting with the
CMakeList files for an hour just decided to wait for someone more
familiar with the cmake files.

I have already reported this a few times on IRC and the mailing list too
I think, but so far unfortunately nobody was able to solve. I have
limited time myself at the moment and this is not too high on my
priority list, so if nobody else steps up, people will have to wait.

- Andrea