[Bf-committers] Trackpad multi-touch gestures (scroll/pinch/rotate) handling patch

James Deery james.deery at jadex.org
Wed Jan 6 01:56:22 CET 2010

Hi Damien,

I'm glad something came this, it looks really good. The zoom sensitivity in the newer patch is definitely better, it was a bit out of control before. The acceleration on the pan works well, but I think it could do with a limit on the size of dx and dy of about 100. I could be wrong but I think that if there's a slight delay in processing the events, the delta just grows; I had some views fly off incredibly far a couple of times.

I prefer orbiting for the rotation since my pinches often turn into rotations and it was rather annoying having the view rotate in the way it did.

There are a few things I would tweak for 2D views. The zoom is reversed for most 2D views and doesn't work in some of them. Also, the image editor pans rather than scrolls (I think that 2D views should always scroll) so I would change that.

Something that would also be good is a non-proportional scroll for the VSE and the Graph Editor, to work the same way as Ctrl+MiddleClick. I think Ctrl+Pan would make sense here.

I'll have a go at these and try to get a patch together.

James