[Bf-committers] Node-able render pipeline

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:29:13 CET 2010

Matt,

Well spoken!

Although I've written a simple renderer from scratch (not anywhere NEAR what
blender's does...) I don't feel I could do this, but I do believe Jae prolly
could.

I believe she was looking to make a node interface to blender's existing
renderer. Basically use the nodes to call mainly existing chunks of code in
whatever order the nodes needed them in to do the processing. I do
completely agree with you that this would be a monumental task, not
something that anyone will just say "yeah I think I'll do THAT today...". xD

Jaevixa has written a proprietary game engine with a good renderer for a
previous employer, and has written her own scanline rasterizer+raytracing
offline renderer from scratch. :)   lol, that's why she gets paid the big
bucks! xD

Perhaps at this point it'd be best for me to step back and wait until Jae
can discuss this with the right people herself. I'm not the one with the
eidetic memory and 175+ I.Q. :P

I'll get this discussion so far to her and see what she thinks based off the