[Bf-committers] Alembic

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:36:12 CEST 2010

I totally agree w/ you. I'm using Collada in that way too. Perhaps Collada
would need a bake geometry exporter in a same way that Alembic would do. But
Collada cross-software I/O is a mess. Everybody is getting it's own
interpretation, and you don't have full support of all feature in every
software. And I know it because I have done an Importer/Exporter in LUA
before and the Spec file was so big that I finaly started to take a look at
the XML myself and import only what I needed. which was totally wrong to do,
but faster, and I'm pretty sure that's what does many software :p
w/ something like Alembic, done by company such as those, it might remain a
bit more mature and constant in implementation (hopefully)

François