[Bf-committers] ID-properties for subelements: CurNurbs, Curve-points, Vertex...

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Wed Sep 30 10:35:24 CEST 2009

I just want to add that there is another area where better weight-able curves would be very usefull.
Since most opensource alternatives for 2d animation are not as advanced as blender, blender remains as the best
 solution for people wanting to do 2d (vector or rigged bitmap) animation too, and that would often mean proper rigging of 2d curves.
as example, just this month 2 2d animations done probably mostly with curves were featured on BN:

Since I was working myself on a little 2d animation project, I searched through the features of 2d animaiton packages like anime studio
or toon boom animate, and realized blender is lacking just a few(although sometimes crucial) features. On the other hand
animation tools like curve editing or constraints and rigging are hundreds of miles before these softwares which cost up to 2000$.
also, scene setup /layering in 3d is often very easy. I ended up doing the project in blender &amp; mypaint and realised I
am very satisfied with the workflow :)