[Bf-committers] Sunday meeting minutes, 27 sept 2009

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:52:19 CEST 2009

Re 2.49c release, This is what happened with 2.49b mostly and think it
can be done for 2.49c.
- Apply patches submitted that only apply to 2.4x branch (as long as
they obviously fix problems)
- Backport fixes from 2.5x that are dont also make significant changes
(like modifying DNA or other data structures), have been doing this
and AFAIK 2.4x is up to date with fixes from 2.5.
- keep scons working, other build systems can rot, might not even need touching.

There is no obligation for developers to do this and I dont see this
as being so much work.

After a month or 3 we can evaluate making a release (if the bugs are
fixed in svn why not?), making the release log wont be hard, just need
the builders to be available.

Im ok to update the download page, move files into our download size
and write release logs for this.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Istvan burbank <iman1100 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, my two cents on the 2.49c is that there shouldn't be an official
> one. The people who would use it are probably more advanced and are
> using it for stability or reliability, maybe studios. These are the
> people who shouldn't have a problem compiling their own blender, and
> maybe are doing so already.
>
> On that note, if 2.5 will be beta releases, I think that 2.49 should
> be made as stable as possible. If the 2.6 series continue for many
> many months to follow, those who rely on stability, as mentioned
> above, will probably stay with 2.49. Until the next official non-beta
> release, 2.6, I think that the bug tracker should be kept open and
> maintained for 2.9.
>
> ~Please feel free to dis-agree, Istvan.
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> --- On Mon, 9/28/09, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
>>
>>> 1) Current projects and 2.5x
>>
>> I'm also looking for more testers for network rendering.
>>
>> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Theeth/netrender
>>
>> The features that need more testing are support for files with external dependencies (libs, textures, point cache works, no support for fluids yet) and the load balancer (submit many jobs with different priorities and see if it works like you'd think it should).
>>
>> Bug reports can be done on the 2.5 tracker, directly by email to me or on irc.
>>
>> Martin

> --
> Knowledge is a measure of how many answers you have, intelligence is a
> measure of how many questions you have.
> "Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it
> and a good education to appreciate it." - E. W. Dijkstra
> "The price of humility doubles each time you have to buy it back" ~
> rick dickulous
> "Intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character, that is the
> goal of true education." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
> "If everybody does it, it must be stupid" ~Ton Roosendaal

- Campbell