[Bf-committers] Environment Variables for scripts and plugins

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Fri Sep 25 00:21:19 CEST 2009

Nice that this is coming on the tails of the last conversation.
Basically, I love it.  It sounds well thought out and solves all my current
qualms with how Blender manages its files on OS X and Windows. +1.  I think
local files (in $HOME) should be used first, then global (from ENV variable
search paths).

I like project structures, but at the same time I don't want Blender
randomly creating extra folders and files wherever I save .blends like Maya
does.  As long as it's well-behaved and can work without a project structure
(as it does currently) I'm all for that, too.
~ C